Search this blog

Custom Search

Monday, October 10, 2005

Frankie Negron, concert review

Hello Friends,

This is a review of a concert I saw in Tampa back in February 2005.

I just saw an awesome concert last night at a local nightclub here in Tampa and Frankie Negron, salsa singer, played many of his popular songs.

It's amazing, I think the guy's voice is getting more and more powerful as he gets older. To see the emotions and expressions on his face as he sings, and to see the muscles of his neck, you know he is really passionate about what he does.

He started with "Comerte a Besos" and played "Hasta que te enamores", "Por tu placer", "No quiero verte mas llorar", etc. He played for about an hour and a half. (I don't know how his voice holds up that long).

And finally he played a nice tribute to Frankie Ruiz (can't think of the name of the song), who he explained had such a large influence on him regarding his salsa music career, since they're both from Puerto Rico.

I don't know if they didn't publicize this event too much, because for a star of that talent, the place should have been packed with thousands and thousands. But it was great to see him up close interacting with his fans, signing autographs (once on someone's breasts LOL), dancing with a fan onstage, taking pics, etc. (I wish I brought my camera – I would have happily posted the pics to this blog). Just a normal guy with an amazing, amazing talent. How does he belt out such tunes?

If you ever get a chance to see him...definitely go!

Larry Aiello

No comments: